Pages

Friday 21 September 2012

Already?!

Tomorrow is Mabon, the Autumn Equinox.  I'm utterly speechless - where does the time go?

So not only have I lost track of time, but there are chores to be done in the garden that need to be completed sooner rather than later.  I'd rather not spend the day out in the rain, but I might have to.  The spent stalks need to be removed and composted, onions and the rest of the carrots need to come out of the ground, and the asparagus should probably be cut down, I've got an enormous quantity of herbs that need to be cut and dried and I'm still drowning in tomatoes.  Don't misunderstand me - this isn't me complaining, I'm just a little overwhelmed by just how much food the garden produced this year.  In addition to this, my cabbages looks fantastic and I have seven sugar pumpkins - enough to make a few pies and keep me in soup for the fall.

On a totally unrelated topic, one of the things I most enjoy about living out of town (that I wasn't expecting) is watching the mist rising off the fields when the weather is right.   Tonight was particularly good - about 20 minutes after I took these pictures, you couldn't see the white house in the top photo, or the boat in the bottom one.



I realize this is a little thin - I've been a little under the weather this past week so haven't been doing much of anything other than watching TV and knitting.  I hope to be able to show what I've been working on soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment