Pages

Monday 27 August 2012

What's goin' on?

Most days I can find something to talk about - the challenge is to find the time to write about it.

But lately, I find myself with nothing to say.  Nothing.  I have a few pictures to share later on, but I have no substance to go with them. 

And then I'm confronted by this:  Blog Stats.

People are stopping by the blog to see what's new and I have nothing to offer.  It's like when a friend drops in at home and you're out of coffee and tea, the milk is sour, the juice is dodgy, the beer is warm and the dog just threw up on the kitchen floor.

I suppose part of the problem is a valued colleague has just left work for a new opportunity and while I do sincerely wish her the very best, it's left me in a really tight spot.  I don't feel I have enough knowledge to complete tasks, and I certainly don't have enough time to complete my tasks, her tasks, and support another employee as they come up to speed.  I find this to be a stressful situation as I really dislike looking incompetent and missing deadlines.

The reality is something has to give.  This week it was the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment