Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

Spring Surprise

This spring has been an exciting time here.  We bought this house at the end of the summer and moved in in early October so I had no idea what I would find in the spring.


There is a sad and pathetic forsythia that only had a few flowers on it, and some tulips.  There are also loads of daffodils scattered around the yard.  Some appear to have been planted by people, some look like squirrel plantings - except I've only ever seen one squirrel out here. I found rhubarb growing near the hydro pole and there are a few erratically placed echinacea plants.  And by erratically placed, I mean a clumps of them in the middle of the lawn.


But the real prize was found this morning.  Today, I found fiddleheads growing in the front garden bed as an ornamental plant!  I suppose I could leave them as ornamental plants, but to me its a food crop.
Sadly, there is an issue with the location of these plants right now.  My dog has been peeing on them for six months.  They are now at the top of the transplant list.

No comments:

Post a Comment