Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Signs


The first thing I heard in the car this morning was this:"...it's a nice day to start again."  If you don't recognize it, it's part of the chorus from Billy Idol's "White Wedding".

Normally this wouldn't make much of an impression on me but I've spent the past few months engaged in some self-examination.  I'm trying to know if I'm on the right path, if some of the decisions I've made have been right and if I'm moving in a direction that is going to ultimately be meaningful - both to me and to those around me.


Today I woke up completely and totally sure that I'm doing the right thing.  I'm not going to give the game away just yet, but I have started something new to me and hope to be able to share it with you shortly.  But it involves this:





To put this in perspective, the last time I was this sure of something was when I was about five months pregnant and woke up one morning and just knew that I was carrying a boy.  I can't tell you how I knew, or what changed.  I just knew.  The way I knew my own name.  Other people kept telling me that nothing was certain and it might still be a girl, that there were always surprises.  But you may as well have told me that black was white.  It was a boy and that was that.  I knew.

And I know now.  It's a nice day to start again.

1 comment:

  1. Allison! I founds you! (well, i clicked in your profile, clicked on the link and landed here - which is not exactly "finding" but a whole lot better than Christopher columbus' efforts of just plain getting lost).

    Love the blog! Totally RSS'ing this motherlover~
    Also, this post is encouraging. Direction!?! Fantastic!!

    Hope to see you on Saturday.
    Nelly

    ReplyDelete