Pages

Friday 27 April 2012

Procrastination


How is it that even with something I love doing, I can still manage to procrastinate?  I have made the decision to knit several gifts for Christmas.  In addition to this, I've recently found out that a dear friend is expecting her first child in October.  So what am I working on right now?  Socks.  For me.


I've just bought this fantastic baby hat pattern (Greenleaf Baby hat by Evelyn Uyemura)I really want to make an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket as well as a few other things so why don't I get moving on it?  Oh wait - I know.  I need to pay a visit to my local yarn shop as I don't like any of the several pounds of wool I have stashed away.  I'm not yet a good enough spinner to make what I want and the roving I have is all wrong anyway.  And the wool in the stash is all too heavy, too light, not suitable for a baby, not machine washable, the wrong kind of acrylic, the wrong colour, the right colour but the wrong shade...you know how it goes.  After all, part of the joy of knitting for a new life is to go to the shop and buy something new. 




Then, a few days ago, I found this pattern for a great casual cardigan that I simply must have.  It's called French Braid Cardigan by Tanis LavallĂ©e.  Yeah, you and I both know how this is going to end.  Its probably a good thing that I have so much lead time to get these things done.  Its also a good thing that baby clothes are so fast.  Even still, I bet I'll be racing the clock because I had to have another pair of socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment